Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Worried about paying internet hotel in advance - help please

I have been trying to book a hotel for the weekend of 12 October. I wanted to book direct with the hotel so that I don%26#39;t hve to pay until check out, but most are fully booked or a lot more expensive to book direct. An internet company called Paris charming hotels appear to have the hotels available at very good price, but I have to give my credit card details in advance - with 24hr confirmation - has anyone heard of this company or used them.




|||



if you can find your hotel on venere.com, i recommend them. i%26#39;ve been using them for my europe trips.




|||



Many thanks for your quick reply - i will take a look on their website




|||



I%26#39;ll second Venere. You dont have to pay in advance and whenever I%26#39;ve had to cancel, it was smooth and no problem. I will always pay slightly more to not be locked in to prepaying a stay in advance when using expedia or hotels.com too.




|||



Last Sunday I returned from Paris for a 2-days-trip and I booked my hotel via venere one week before.



The hotel charged the first night in advance. Arriving the hotel I paid the second night. There were no problems.




|||



go venere.com.....they%26#39;re great, reliable and you can get heaps of info about the hotels - references, maps etc....





I have used that site extensively and was only charged by one B%26amp;B in London for one night - everywhere else was just useing my credit card no to hold for security.....




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment