Friday, March 30, 2012

clothing sizes

Is there a website to look up european dress and shoe sizes? I think I have the shoe, but not the clothing.



Thanks



Chris (although I think I may be too BIG for anything French :)




|||



Do not have a chart but this is what I know from living in both places:



Size 6 is 38



size 8 is 40



size 10 is 42



size 12 is 44



size 14 is 46



After that you have to go into Marina Rinaldi or other big and tall store. Printemps and Galeries Lafayette aussi sell the larger sizes in homeopathic doses.



Rue Tronchet and rue Vignon have a few of the larger sizes stores.




|||



If by %26quot;big%26quot; you mean %26quot;plus sizes,%26quot; I think there was a thread a few weeks ago about that subject - you could try a search to see what it turns up.




|||



Try this:





www.brightonarea.co.uk/ebay/conversion.html




|||



There is a %26#39;clothes calculator%26#39; on www.cntraveller.com/Toolkit/clothes_sizes.asp



It%26#39;s a useful reminder that American and English sizes aren%26#39;t identical, even if they use the same range of numbers. (I%26#39;ve just gone down 2 dress sizes just by sitting at the computer!)




|||



Sizes can be a real hit %26amp; miss thing. This summer I bought 2 gorgeous linen dresses in size 46. I%26#39;m a US 8 or 10 usually.





(and indeed they were French Design! Every year, I bring in several sizes to try on ~ you never know ~ and it%26#39;s so depressing, LOL, when the numbers go %26quot;up%26quot;!




|||



Thanks. I am a US 12, which in Paris may be too BIG :) I have heard the cutting/fitting is %26quot;leaner%26quot;.



May have to stick with shoes again....



Chris




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment