Friday, March 30, 2012

One Thing You Wished You'd Brought...and wished you didn't..

What%26#39;s the one thing you%26#39;d wished you%26#39;d packed, but didn%26#39;t. And the one thing you did pack, but didn%26#39;t need to?





I%26#39;m making a rough packing list and want to see if there%26#39;s anything I%26#39;m missing......or anything I should absolutely leave at home.





Cheers!




|||



When I went to Paris last June, there were several days of unbearable heat, and I was sorry that the tops I had brought for evening wear were not sleeveless. I had assumed that the evenings would be a bit cool or at least there would be a/c in the restaurants, but that was not the case. None of the restaurants I went to had a/c, and I felt rather uncomfortable wearing tops with short sleeves.




|||



This past june, my winter coat. It was downright COLD...





I always bring too many shoes, wherever I go...





Les




|||



We%26#39;ve visited Paris in May, June and September. We are going again this September.





You just never know about the weather! A 10 or 15 day forecast on weather.com or accuweather.com is useful - but you should still plan for warmer or cooler.





Anyway, I always pack a wool blazer (for dressy) and a polartec jacket with hood (bring it on the plane as they%26#39;re often chilly). It can be very chilly in Paris and you want to be comfortable while out and about. And, it%26#39;s chilly on those Seine cruises.





And, I always pack my sandals, even if the forecast does not include warmer temps. Every trip it%26#39;s been warm enough for them, at least a few days, and they are so comfortable for walking all over!




|||



I keep on forgetting to pack Equal or Splenda for coffee (cafe au lait).




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment