Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beach in Villefranche

I know that the beachs in Villefranche are sand which my husband and I prefer. Is there a private/commerical beach in Villefranche where you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas?




|||



Villefranche has sand only because the local government has it delivered by truck. The beach can be quite rocky in winter but new layers of the soft stuff are spread before the main holiday season.





There is no private beach in Villefranche and, so far as I know, nowhere to rent loungers/umbrellas. Seems a bit odd when I think about it, considering that the locals are keen to make money from the tourists. There is a shop that sells beach stuff. I will pay attention when I pass by tomorrow and see if they also rent anything.




|||



LB As you walk round the bay to the %26quot;main%26quot; part of the beach, there is a rather average snack bar on landward side and opposite a larger restaurant. I think they have loungers, etc and perhaps a pseudo private beach.



Last year there were some unpleasant %26quot;objects%26quot; floating past. I consoled an American family by saying they were probably from someone very very rich!




|||



I was in Villefranche 2 weeks ago and didn%26#39;t notice any chairs or umbrellas for hire, though we did not go the full length of the beach. The sand was quite coarse and i wore my rubber beach shoes when I swam to avoid that painful bit as you get out of the water - not a great fashion statement, i know! We prefered the smaller but very pebbly beach on the other side of the harbour wall at Port de la Darse, at the other end of Villefranche to the main long beach, but you would definitely need to bring all your own equipment there.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment