Saturday, March 24, 2012

Paris At Night?



Just wondering how safe is it to be in Paris at night. I%26#39;l be in Paris only for 4 days, but i%26#39;l be with my 15 yr old daughter. Hoping to stay out as long as possible . We%26#39;ve to get a train back to Maisons Lafitte each night . How safe is public transport etc. Usually depend on DH to take care of me in these situations.




|||



Depends on which bits your in, I suppose. Most of the city is busy, light and feels very safe most of the time, but we have always been based in the city centre. As you have such a long journey to make back each night, I cannot say for certain how safe it will be. My other half and I traveled on the RER to/from la Tour earlier this year and the trains didn%26#39;t feel quite as %26quot;safe%26quot; as the Metro, but that is probably just a personal preference!




|||



well would say using the RER or metro to go outside Paris is risky at the dark ...




|||



Maisons Lafitte is on the west side, near St. Germain en Laye. I don%26#39;t know how you get there directly (RER A goes to St. Germain en Laye but I don%26#39;t know how you go to ML).. anyway these are the upper-crust suburbs of Paris and generally considered rather safe.





THat said, I also shy away from long RER rides after 11 p.m. or so...





Les




|||



Im going to be travelling from the Eiffel Tower area to Disneyland tomorrow night by RER and metro!





How safe is it?.. is there any other way I could go?.. how much would the taxi fare be approximately?





Ill be with my parents and my little brother (im 22)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment