Wednesday, March 28, 2012

4 Seasons George V room categories

Has anyone worked at or been at the George V enough to have seen the different room categories first hand? Are all the executive suites the same decor/color as on the website? I don%26#39;t want to call long distance to France from US to ask that... Looking for recommendations for best choice for honeymoon 1st part, 5 days George V, want to stay under 1000 euros / night.




|||



I don%26#39;t know what would be the best source of information to answer this question, but I don%26#39;t think the forum includes many people who have stayed (or even been) to the GV. It is rarely discussed here....but you never know! Good luck!




|||



Hi there! Since the decor of your room seems to be very important to you and rightfully so, maybe it%26#39;s not such a bad idea to phone the hotel just to be sure that you get all the proper information. Let%26#39;s face it.........if you can afford that hotel, surely one little phone call to France wouldn%26#39;t make a big difference in your budget, though it may enable you to make the ideal choice for your accommodations.



Enjoy your honeymoon!!! I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll love the hotel, even though I%26#39;ve never stayed there.




|||



You made me laugh, thank you.




|||



My husband and I have stayed at the George V several times and each room has been decorated differently. We have never been disappointed. If you can afford it, go for the honeymoon suite. Also, while you are there, be sure to go to the spa. It%26#39;s wonderful.




|||



I would be most surprised if a hotel which is stuffed full of antiques decorates in a corporate fashion a la holiday inn...............





1000 euros a night eh................. my last round the world trip cost about that. In total...............




|||



One of the best thing at the 4 Seasons George V is the flower arrangements that are all throught the hotel, from the lobby to each roo. Exquisite!




|||



I stayed there in Nov. I wasn%26#39;t in the lowest category but I can%26#39;t think that even their lowest room isn%26#39;t great. If you like service that is the place to stay. It is all very nice but other places I have stayed were more French in my opinion. Four Seasons has a web site and you can check out the categories there. Or you can e-mail the Hotel, I did and the replied the next day.




|||



Riverwalk Boise - I had no intentions of sounding funny in my previous post - I was being perfectly honest. Last year after having booked my hotel in Paris (not the George V), I ended up calling them one day just in order to get details about various rooms. I was so excited about going to Paris and was really intent on getting the best room for me, which meant one with a street view and a balcony. They were so nice on the phone and even promised me a specific room, for which I received an e-mail confirmation stating the room number.




|||



Riverwalk! You%26#39;re killing me! I come on here to give people advice about where to stay for less than 80 euros. All know in your league is that I would stay at the Crillon. But have a great time at George V.





Hmm - Butch Otter remarried recently. Are you his wife???





(I sincerely wish you a great trip_




|||



Just curious, why would someone want to stay at a hotel that is under 80 euros? My belief is that you get what you pay for and I can%26#39;t imagine that you would get much for 80 euros. I know I%26#39;m probably going to get slapped down for this, but I truly do not understand this obsession with the cheapest of everything. Does no one go on vacation to be pampered, to splurge?

No comments:

Post a Comment