Friday, March 30, 2012

Perfect Paris souvenir - what do you wish you'd brought home

Just trying to think ahead as time will be so limited (day trip from London). I love antiques - nearest shops to the Champs de Elysses? I would prefer something I can display as I have many shelves for such purposes. I do need a (perhaps brass) pen and ink well set for an antique desk. But also, would like something that announces %26quot;Paris%26quot; when visitors see it. Suggestions?





Also need souvenirs for 6 and 9 year old granddaughters - prefer something lasting, not t-shirts.





Many thanks!




|||



Don%26#39;t know about the souvenir for you but for your granddaughters I recommend collectible dolls. My husband travels extensively internationally. When he visits a new country he purchases a beautiful doll for each of our girls. They both love them. My oldest daughter is now 13 and still loves to receive a doll from Dad (Grandparents have now started as well, the dolls from China and Russia from my mother in law are real treasures). We recently updated my 13 year old%26#39;s room. I thought the dolls would be put away but NO, they still play a prominent role in her decor. Hope that helps. Moms




|||



When I did a post for gourmet gifts, here are some of the suggestions given to me. This may give you some suggetions.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k12833…





Cheers,




|||



What I like to do is bring some menus home from some authentic Parisian restaurants. They are easy to carry back and when I get home, I frame them. I keep them for myself or I give them as gifts. They look smart and we always have a lot of fun trying to figure out what exactly is on the menu.





I also do pretty much the same thing with posters that I buy from the many bookstores near the Latin Qtr.




|||



I like to bring back the information leaflets of any where we may visit, such as a museum or even a shopping mall - they look good framed too.





KRx




|||



Santons?



Figurines pertaining to nativity.



However, you wouldn%26#39;t have to stick to a nativity theme, as they are modeled after all sorts of townspeople. Some may be antique.



Rue Bac.




|||



For the girls, you might think about a necklace or bracelet with the Eiffel Tower or some other landmark. Check out any souvenir shop or go to Galleries Lafayette.





For you, what about a piece of art? I see you only have one day but you may want to check out the artists at Place du Tertre for a painting of a Paris landmark or have your portrait done. There%26#39;s also the little Eiffel Tower replicas. They come in various sizes. The price can also vary from shop to shop!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment