Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How should I allocate 10 days to these places?

This is my first time travelling. I would be taking a flight from London to Paris and would wish to travel to Paris, Luxemborg, Brussels %26amp; Amsterdam. Amsterdam would be my last stop. I was thinking of travelling by coach or train. Is there any requirements for baggage size if I were to travel by coach?





I was thinking of





Paris (5 days), Luxemburg (0.5 day), Brussels (1.5 days), Amsterdam (3 days)





Would it be sufficient to cover everything these cities has to offer?





For Paris, I was thinking of covering landmarks, lourve, disneyland





Amsterdam, red light district, anne frank, cheese factory, windmills, heineken experience, landmarks, canal cruise, madurodam





Brussels, chocolate factory, landmarks





Luxemburg, not sure what to expect.





Is this itinerary too ambitious? Please advice. Many thanks in advance.




|||



Luxembourg is a small country/city but it takes more than o.5 day to go there. I would just skip and do Paris and Amsterdam only, or Paris and Brussels. Otherwise too much time will be spent on transportation. I do love Brussels but if I had to make a decision, I would say Paris and Amsterdam.




|||



I would agree with la photographe - otherwise, you%26#39;re going to burn through a lot of time just getting from place to place. And you could spend five weeks in Paris and still have places you wanted to see, so more than five days would be a good thing.




|||



How long is Luxemborg from Paris by train? I thought it was 3 hrs away?




|||



Skip Luxemburg if I were you. Nothing there to do in Luxemburg. I stayed one night (2 days) in Luxemburg. Total waste of time. Brugge is a lovely place since you will be visiting Belgium anyway. Interestingly enough, Brugge was one of the top 10 cities in the World per Travel and Leisure for. 2006.




|||



we loved Luxembourg - Luxemburg city was definitely worth a dayand we found it to be a good base for the countryyside. The surrounding towns villages were also great - many castles to tour etc




|||



Being married to a man from Luxembourg, and having spent a lot of time there, I can confirm that you can skip it unless you have a week to spend there and discover the wineries and castles, the beautiful countyside that sometimes would remind you of Switzerland, and are a fan of Vauban%26#39;s architecture.




|||



OK, you are travelling about 10 days and you seem to be quite energetic. No, you will not have time to see it all. But, here are suggestions.





Since you%26#39;ll be travelling to major cities, the train is a better option; try to get a train pass that will save you money.





As others have said, forget Luxembourg; spend the extra time in Brussels. Beautiful compact city, good food, good wine, friendly people. And if you have time and the energy (which you seem to have), you can do a day or half-day trip to Bruges from Brussels by train. Beautiful and romantic.





Now we come to Amsterdam. The musts are: Rijksmuseum (you%26#39;ll never forget it), Van Gogh Museum, Rembrandt house. The Red Light District, which I%26#39;ve done all alone on my own, the small house of Anne Frank and family (quite impressive). And of course a canal cruise. As for the rest, can%26#39;t help you, since my journey to the Netherlands was limited to Amsterdam.





As for Disneyland near Paris, why not keep this extra day to explore this beautiful city and keep Disneyland for a future trip to America.




|||



Swuan,





Madurodam is in Den Haag (The Hague), not Amsterdam, about 1 hour%26#39;s travel to the south. You would probably want to spend a half day there, making it part of a tour, to take in the windmills and countryside, if at all.




|||



%26gt; Nothing there to do in Luxemburg. I stayed one night (2 days) in Luxemburg. Total waste of time.





I disagree. Luxembourg is utterly charming. I%26#39;ve been there 3 or 4 times, and I%26#39;d go back in a heartbeat.




|||



Victorine,





Which train pass do you recommend me to purchase? Is it the Eurorail? I%26#39;ve been reading alot about it but end up in confusion!





From Brussels to Brugge, how long is the distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment