Tuesday, April 24, 2012

which beach

We are going to Nice on Friday for 3 nights, staying in Hotel Splendid. Any recommendations on which beach to go to? Don%26#39;t mind if we need to pay for a private one.




|||



My favourites are Ruhl Plage and Castel Plage, but all the private beaches are similar in price and service to be honest.




|||



I agree with Castel - it seems the most popular. I rarely swim at Nice, but we went to the beach last weekend and it was a salutary reminder! The stones are a real turn-off for me and I was therefore pleasantly suprised that the beach below the Beau Rivage around the waters edge was clear gritty sand, for around a 100 metres. This is the point there were most swimmers in the water as it shelves none to steeply and doesnt return to stone underfoot a few feet into the water. This is the location of lifeguard surveillance too.



So Beau Rivage wemt up in my estimation.





The shock however was the strength of the tide and pull of the waves. I am a reasonably strong swimmer but the tidal force is quite disconcerting. When i last swam at Castel I could feel myself being pulled out to sea, and there have been a few drownings here, and I thought: this isn%26#39;t fun!





So my tuppence worth is get on a bus to Villefranche, where it%26#39;s perfect, or one of the less well known beaches like St Jean, Plage Paloma, or Plage del a Garoupe, and have a more pleasant beach AND swim experience.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment