Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion... best CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?

What do you think is the BEST chocolate mousse in Paris.



I would even settle for what you think is GOOD.



Thanks.






|||



I think chocolate mousse is pretty much a dessert of the past. Today we have tiramisu, creme brulee etc. much more exiciting than chocolate mousse. Plus you have the issue of raw eggs that has been keeping people from chocolate mousse in the past few years.



I make my own chocolate mousse with dark chocolate and orange peel and... no restaurant matches that!




|||



Can I add another question sort of related ( maybe) ? I was browsing menus and dreaming and saw that among the desserts in a few places was something called Chocolate Fondant- I think sometimes accompanied by ice cream. Can%26#39;t quite figure it out , but here in the states we have many high end restaurants serving a chocolate cake that is pretty much flourless and that has a runny center ( they sometimes call it a melting cake )... is that anything like fondant or if not what is fondant?





I have noticed that you don%26#39;t seem to see chocolate mouuse as a dessert offering all that much...




|||



Moose is better than mice in my opinion.




|||



Wow. Seems that I am quite uninformed about chocolate mousse. It is true that I haven%26#39;t had it for a while, but I remember that it was heavenly and since we are about to return to Paris, I was hoping to get some.



Oh well, I do love tiramasu and creme brulee; too bad they%26#39;re not chocolate, though.




|||



Hi KcMarge





Have a hot chocolate somewhere like Angelinas - it can be nearly as thick as a mousse and about as much chocolate as I can stand.




|||



Thank you, Faux. I will try the Hot chocolate.



Do you know anything about Chocolate Souffle? I have seen that mentioned....




|||



I don%26#39;t have any suggestions for the best place for chocolate souffle but if you search for souffle on the forum (upper right of screen) I know others have given recommendations




|||



Le Souffle, near Madeleine, has good chocolate souffle.





As for mousse, I concur with the others, it%26#39;s not offered very often anymore.





Les




|||



Kc, Do you think we could sweet talk La Photographe into whipping up a mousse and inviting us over? I%26#39;m willing to bring my own spoon and clean the kitchen!




|||





If you have the chance to go to a rather upscale supermarket, you might find “Mousse à l’ancienne au chocolat” by Marie Morin. My local Monoprix has it now. Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment