Monday, April 16, 2012

view of tower and areas to walk

Looking for a hotel for early September (part of a multi city honeymoon trip). Each city has a different wish to be fulfilled-- Paris is to be able to see the Eiffel tower from the hotel window or balcony (not necessarily up against it!). Can anyone suggest somewhere suitable, that also provides romantic and interesting walking areas close at hand . 3/4 star kind of price-range. Thanks




|||



I%26#39;d recommend doing a search in the forum on %26quot;honeymoon hotel%26quot;. You%26#39;ll find lots of suggestions.




|||



I have taken your advice-- Now that I know there is a search button which I had totally overlooked. The problem is much the same as reading reviews. I am having to disregard what may be ideal choices because there is no mention of a tower view...





Thanks for the sugggestion about the search facility though which is useful. I will keep wading through.




|||



You could try the Paris Hilton as they have rooms with a view of the Eiffel Tower plus it is only a couple of minutes walk away from it. The reviews are at the link below and you can see from some of the photos that some rooms have a Eiffel Tower view.





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d197985…




|||



Hotel Brighton;, ask for an upper floor with a view of the Tuilleries Gardens and the Eiffel Tower, perfect. We stayed there last October.




|||



Hubby going back solo to Paris in September so I know the prices of 3/4 star hotels...$$$$$$$$$. Stayed in a ParisPerfect.com apartment last April and for a comparable price their views of the Eiffel Tower and luxury amenities are equal if not better than a hotel.




|||



Thanks for the advice-



Unfortunately the apartments are for a minimum of a week from what I can see -- which is a pity because they look ideal.





The Brighton is fully booked for those dates .





The Hilton I will add to the shortlist -- although I had hoped for something a little less chain-like and a touch traditional. It is a thought however in the right location.





Thanks again.




|||



Hi mate..





I was after the same type of room.. and after extensive searching.. I decided to go for Hilton Paris.. and its the best decision ive ever made for a hotel!





Ill post some pictures up.. you can have a balcony room.. and the tower is 1 minutes walk away from you! Trust me its breathtaking standing on the balcony and seeing the tower light up (you%26#39;ll be able to see 7/8 of the tower! Just maybe not the tip.. depends how high you are!





The funniest thing was that I was going to choose the Mercure hotel.. and when I got there I realised that any decent view of the tower from the Mercure blocked by guess what... The Hilton Paris!!




|||



The Terrass Hotel in Montmartre has some rooms with a view of the Eiffel Tower, so you would need to specify. It also has a roof terrace with the view where you can eat or have a drink. The area also has romantic and interesting walking areas.




|||



September is close at hand, and the hotels may mostly be booked up. It%26#39;s a very busy time in Paris. You may have to widen your search a bit and I wouldn%26#39;t wait too long.




|||



Heres the pic of the tower from our balcony... and keep in mind we were pretty low compared to some of the rooms you can get!





[URL=http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssl20653tz3.jpg][IMG]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6663/ssl20653tz3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

No comments:

Post a Comment