Monday, April 16, 2012

Changing planes in Paris

Friends of ours are travelling from Nice to Philadelphia via Paris. Their flight from Nice arrives at Orly and the flight to Philly goes from CDG. Does anyone know if they can they check their baggage through to the final destination at Nice or do they have to carry their bags with them across Paris and recheck them at CDG?




|||



yes absolutely




|||



Thanks for your response but not clear which?



Check bags through or carry them across Paris?




|||



sorry was tired yesterday, they have to carry the bagages from one to the other ....




|||



Thanks




|||



Hi UKTraveller,





They will book your luggage across for you but how much time do you have for the transfer? I had three hours from landing at CDG on one trip to get to my flight at Orly. When I was checking in at Singapore (where I had a stop over), they offered to book my bags through from CDG to Orly for the flight but after some hesitation I decided to collect my bags and take it with me on the RER B and OrlyVal to Orly.





As it happened, the flight from Singapore was delayed for an hour due to air traffic and we were an hour late arriving at CDG. I grabbed my suitcase, which arrived pretty quickly, and trotted to the RER station and then the OrlyVal and then ran to the Orly check in. I arrived just in time to be told the flight had just closed. However, since my onward flight was on the same ticket and they had been told my flight to CDG was delayed, they let me on the flight. My bags would never have made the flight if I had relied on an airline transfer and I hate to think what it would have been like trying to buy underwear and basics in Marrakech if I did not have my luggage for a day or so.




|||



Faux,



Yes I think you are right. They intend to take the Air France bus direct inter-airport, so I don%26#39;t think it will be too much of a problem taking the bags.



Thanks




|||



YES...NO...Soime or all of this is so...or none of it.





FIRST...it will depend upon the airline or airlines on which they are flying. If on the SAME airline (all-Air France as an example) for BOTH segments of the trip, they will check-through your bags from your in-bound arrival flight to your outbound departure flight. The may also do this if you are flying the segments on one of their %26#39;..Sky Team..%26#39; partner airlines...but it would be best to double check directly.





IF...their checked luggage is not check-ed directly through, they will have to collect it at ORLY and carry it with them to CDG (the #3--Les CARS AIR FRANCE Coach route will probably be the best aiport transfer alternative) and re-check it with their outbound airline at check-in at CDG.





It%26#39;s also worth noting that all airlines do NOT provide the same sorts of checked and carry-on baggage allowances. Many low-cost, inter-European air carrier%26#39;s baggage allowable baggage policies will be much LESS generous (and more scrupulously enforced) than major international air carriers...so to avoid any unexpected surprised, make certain to check the allowable baggage policies of both airlines to discover what restrictions apply.





#3--Les CARS AIR FRANCE INFO--



http://www.kropla.com/index.html




|||



Thanks - they are travelling with Air France on both legs




|||



The Les CARS AIR FRANCE Coach service used large motorcoaches with separate, under-coach, luggage stowage. They also have %26#39;..loaders..%26#39; at each end of the route to assist you with loading and unloading luggage.




|||



Thanks to all who responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment