Tuesday, April 17, 2012

8th district and Hotel Royal Opera

I will be staying at the Hotel Royal Opera in the 8th come September. Just wondering what you can tell me about the 8th district and if you know of any nice bollangeries (sp), patisseries and restaurants in the area. Thanks.




|||



anyone?




|||



Anyone.....I have tried the search feature but not much on restaurants and such. Ideas appreciated.




|||



We stayed 3 blocks east of the Opera at the Paris Millennium - technically in the 9th.





We found an awesome street just another block east and then north - that had awesome bakeries, meat shops, snack shops, but also the Galleries Lafayette had a sweet food store - awesome selection, and wine store.





Ok, my travel companion almost died laughing when we landed and I unpacked from my suitcase a cutting board, bread knife, cream cheese spreader, and a few sets of silverware, cloth napkins, etc ....





She wasn%26#39;t laughing the next day as we had great afternoon snacks in our suite after seeing the city all day.





Here%26#39;s a link with good map of district -





http://wikitravel.org/en/Image:Paris_9th.png




|||



and there%26#39;s a few restaurants near the Gare St. Lazare -



I remember us eating Thai one night that rocked.




|||



Your Hotel is on Rue De Castellane, Which is a great little street with restuarants, and a wonderful artisan bakery.



When you get there, spend some time wondering in the area. Think of these main streets, that form a neighborhood triangle. BD Malesherbes- Bd Haussmann- Bd Madeleine which becomes BD Des Capucines then BD Des Italiens as you near the Opera.There are great shops, and Cafes everywhere. The area is upscale, and we found it to be very nice.




|||



Guys, thank so much! I was%26#39;nt really getting much info on this area, good to know that I have many (good) places within walking distance. Thanks again.





DowntownMinneapolis, I am considering taking a knife and actually a small cutting board not a bad idea...lol




|||



trust me -- you%26#39;ll be glad you did !!





hit me up if you%26#39;d like to see some pics from our trip and that part of town.





There%26#39;s nothing like a fresh loaf of bread, that spreadable cheese, and some wine, after seeing the sights of Paris.




|||



You’re so right, I personally can live on bread, cheese and fois gras! Just trying to imagine a customs agent opening my suitcase to find a cutting board and knife, just sure they’ve seen stranger things.





I would love to see your pics, thanks!




|||



Glad you mentioned Gare St. Lazare, I%26#39;ve read of so many restaurants in the area. Just did%26#39;nt know I was near it.




|||



these links should still be active -



you might have to cut/paste if they aren%26#39;t %26#39;clickable%26#39; as this posts





PARIS 2005 -- On The Streets



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Tour Eiffel et la cite



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Saturday Walking Tour / Pigalle %26amp; Sacre Coeur



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Moulin Rouge, Fondue, Irish %26amp; Canadian Bars



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Normandy Beaches



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Dining Out



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…





PARIS 2005 -- Millennium Hotel Opera



www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp…

No comments:

Post a Comment