Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eurostar ticket collection

I have reserved and paid for my Eurostar tickets online





I%26#39;m a bit confused as to how I can collect my tickets





I read somewhere you can collect tickets from the E ticket machine by entering the 8 letter reference number or something to that effect





However I have been given a reference number but its only 6 letters





If I have paid with credit card do I actualy need to collect them from the ticket office?







Any information would be very useful





Many thanks




|||



Where are you trying to collect tickets? If in France, my experience (although for TGV, not Eurostar) was that when I tried to do it with the machine as an e-ticket, it didn%26#39;t work because the machine will not recognize a non-French credit card (for the TGV reservation through the SNCF web site, you need the same card you used to pay for it, plus the confirmation number). So, I took my same card plus the confirmation information (which I had printed) to a ticket agent, and she printed a ticket for me with no problem.





But - that said - I%26#39;m not sure if the Eurostar tickets work the same way. Perhaps others can enlighten us both!





You might also want to see whether there is a telephone number you can call (or an e-mail address) to ask such questions of a real live person . . . .




|||



Here%26#39;s what the Eurostar website has to say:



Collecting tickets from a French Station



If you wish to collect your Eurostar ticket(s) from the Automatic Ticket Machines / APV at a French station, please note the following conditions:



* A French credit or debit card must be used for payment.



* American Express credit cards cannot be used for payment.



* Payment must be made in Euros (€).



* The total value of the tickets purchased does not exceed 800 Euros (€800).




|||



I booked a short trip to Paris, getting a late %26#39;package%26#39; (ie hotel %26amp; Eurostar) with Cresta. (btw, I wouldn%26#39;t normally do it this way, but when I checked Eurostar prices for late booking I discovered this was the best way. They gave me three nights for the price of two at the hotel, too).





Anyway, here%26#39;s what it says on the information I got from Cresta:





To collect your boarding tickets please use the self service machines located in the Eurostar terminal ...



Touch the screen and collect and select the appropraite language and enter your six or eight lettered locator reference...





Thus the machines seem to be aware that some references have six digits and some eight.






|||



The Ticket Collection process requires two(2) identity checks. The first is your Reservation Conformation Number. The second is the SAME credit card that you used to make the on-line reservation. Unfortunately, the automatic ticket vending machins do NOT recognize most US-issued credit cards. So, you must collect your tickets at a regular ticket window....which have credit card readers that will recognize and read BOTH the digital, %26#39;..smart chip..%26#39; embedded European credit cards AND the older analog %26#39;..magnetic strip..%26#39; US-issued credit cards. Collection at a ticket window is quick and simple...and more times than not, before your brain can recall the French for %26#39;..Thank you..%26#39;%26quot; your %26#39;paper tickets%26#39; are passing across the counter to you.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment