Thursday, April 12, 2012

Biking in Bordeaux

I would like to cycle through Bordeaux. Are there any tour companies that will do a 3-4 hour tour or would I better off renting a bike for my own exploration? I am open to other areas in the region if they are more scenic for biking. by the way, I am athletic but not a hard core cyclist.




|||



I have just returned from two weeks in the Medoc area just to the north of Bordeaux. I hired a bike from a local shop and spent most days on the excellent network of cycle trails. The whole region has good cycle trails and Bordeaux itself has some. The centre city is reasonably OK for bikes but if you use it as a base you can put the bike on a local train and explore the region.





Much of the Medoc and Bordeaux is more or less flat, so you get some good time without over-exertion. Inland however it%26#39;s a lot more hilly but several of the cycle trails follow old rail lines so the gradients are not too severe!





The local tourist offices had a really good set of maps which I have mislaid! I don%26#39;t recall if there are any companies offering guided tours, sorry about that.




|||



Thank you, thats very helpful.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment